Sunday, May 31, 2015

Poltergeist star Rosemarie DeWitt has confessed she is scared of horror films


Rosemarie DeWitt has revealed how she is “terrified” of horror movies, despite starring in one herself.

The 43-year-old actress, who stars in Gil Kenan’s Poltergeist remake alongside Sam Rockwell and Jared Harris, said she changed her mind about the genre after seeing The Conjuring, which stars her husband Ron Livingston and Vera Farmiga.
Ron Livingston and Rosemarie DeWitt Ron Livingston and Rosemarie DeWitt (Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP) “I’m terrified of horror movies and I don’t see them, and then I saw The Conjuring with my husband,” she said.
“It freaked me out. I was like, ‘Great movie’ but also, I saw it in a theatre with a ton of people, and I thought, ‘This is awesome!’
“Watching a movie with other people being scared, your popcorn spilling, (you’re) grabbing each other and then laughing because you can’t believe you were so scared, I wanted to do that. I thought it would be cool to be a part of a story where hopefully the audience has that experience.”
Rosemarie admitted she signed on for the new adaptation of the 1982 chiller after being jealous of Ron’s role in The Conjuring.
Rosemarie DeWitt and Sam Rockwell star in Poltergeist Rosemarie DeWitt and Sam Rockwell star in Poltergeist (Fox UK) “It made me really open to the idea of doing something in this genre, and then when this came along, it was daunting because the original is just brilliant,” she said.
“I wanted to work with Sam forever, I want to work with Gil and David Lindsay-Abaire who wrote the script, so it became hard not to do it.”
The Rachel’s Getting Married star said shooting it was a joy, and she threw herself into the action scenes.
“We slide down the roof. You get to feel like a bad-ass action hero when you’re grabbing people and sliding down and there’s fire all around,” she said, adding: “I fell down on my neck and Sam had to carry me.”
Rosemarie DeWitt in Poltergeist (Fox UK) Rosemarie DeWitt in Poltergeist (Fox UK) Rosemarie also said she helped protect her screen children, particularly Kennedi Clements, who played her young daughter Madison Bowen.
“There was a day when the youngest one had some fierce negotiations with the director,” she said.
“She would say, ‘I don’t like these corpses, can we CGI them?’ We changed the scene. I held her, covered her ears because she didn’t want to have bad dreams.”
Poltergeist is in cinemas now.

No comments:

Post a Comment